Tuesday 26 May 2020

What is this thing "Book"?

Took myself off to the cricket ground this afternoon, not for the purposes of running, or even walking - although I did a bit of that - but to actually lie in the sun and read.

I have hardly looked at a book in weeks, normally most of my reading is done quietly at the pub with a pint by my hand; no pub-going has thus resulted in no reading as I've been entertaining myself with online story telling in the form of various sci fi adaptions of Dungeons and Dragons.

Or watching a couple read "Dune" over several weeks.

Lockdown has turned me into a mega-nerd basically.

So today, I read the first 50 odd pages of a Stephen Baxter sci fi novel. I wish I'd chosen something a bit easier to get into!

The trick is now is to keep up with this habit over the upcoming weeks. I've missed books.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 26.05.20










4 comments:

  1. I see there's some optimism that cricket will restart soon, unbelievable that it now needs watering after the inundations it suffered during the winter. That last picture is a very suitable sky under which to read sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos!

    I've been reading a lot under lockdown. But i do miss the pubs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last shot of the sky - did you lay down on the grass to take that? I love the variety of clouds and the light peaking through. Well done!

    ReplyDelete