Saturday 9 May 2020

The Great Tit in the Scorebox

Today's objective, after only being able to bring you pictures of wildflowers for the last few days, was to actually find some creatures and photograph them. I was hopeful the hot weather would help in this regard, although we rather lost in the sun in the two hours I was out walking.

Hooray! I was in luck today, as a the honey bees were out today feeding off the allium and geraniums in the library gardens and Sconce Park. Plenty of various species of white butterfly were also flapping about, as the occasional very tatty and faded small tortoiseshell.

When I got to our cricket ground, I decided to see if I could get a snap of our guest resident.

I sat very quietly and still in front of our old scorebox, the one that legend has it came from Lord's Cricket Ground, with my cameraphone pointed constantly at the "Overs" section.

It was very suspicious of me, and I don't blame it, but eventually after watching me from the roof, the little great tit arrived back at its nest in the scorebox.

One shot, and I left it in in peace.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 09.05.20










2 comments:

  1. Obviously he weighed you up carefully and decided you were a safe bet. Lovely photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know if I look that friendly!

    ReplyDelete