Tuesday 16 June 2020

Poppies are Back

If you have followed this blog for a few years, you may remember my posts about the incredible poppy field we had here in Newark on the South edge of town.

It attracted visitors from all over the country.

Sadly, it has now been built over for a new housing development, but I heard that a field across the road I used to run through a lot when I lived in my old flat. Tonight, after a lazy day, I decided to run there and see what it was like.

The answer is it is not a patch on the old poppy field, but it still looked pretty stunning in a low evening sun.

I hope you like these photographs.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 16.06.20










5 comments:

  1. Very appreciative of all your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poppy field. I cant recall ever seeing one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely poppy field. Sad that the other one got built on...

    ReplyDelete