Wednesday 4 July 2018

Aye Aye Skipper

Groans at the title, I know, but I can't be bothered to change it.

As ever yesterday on my ride home, I took time to look on the thistles that line the cycle track to see who was in residence, and on this  occasion it was small skippers rather than 5 spot burnet moths - why do we only get 5s on campus and not 6s? - that were settling in to have a good long feed and be rather less skittish than normal.

Usually the sight of a human, or their shadow, has these little furry dart flights flittering off. Not on this occasion.

A bit of a breeze made the camera focus angry, but I got OK shots.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 04.07.18






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful first image of the Skipper.
    Love the detail. Seems to be a lot of them around this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are the most beautiful colour aren't they Si" I don't think I have ever seen one up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you, I struggle to focus when there's a breeze. To get that one really nice shot is a bonus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete