Sunday 26 April 2020

Un-Lockdowned my Bicycle

Today I felt fed up of walking, fed up of running and generally fed up seeing the same things when I go outside.

To try and sort out this de-motivation I thought I'd unlock my bicycle, pump up its tires - in the course of which I found what I thought might be a mason bee feeding on ivy leaved toadflax by the back wheel - and took it out for a spin before the weather closed in.

Oh gosh, did my legs feel it. An exercise bike is no substitute; after barely a kilometre my thighs were aching! But I got used to it, and headed out through Hawton and Cotham, before swinging across to Shelton and Sibthorpe where I took a break by the church and the peculiar round storehouse next to the River Smite.

A flock of guinea fowl, of all things, surprised me at Farndon!

Didn't want to loiter too much anywhere, I know cyclists have got a fair bit of stick from villagers thinking we are disease vectors in some places.

I ended up doing 28km in the end, although none of that was too far from home. It took so much out of me I ended up sleeping for three hours when I got back in, when I woke I thought it was Monday already.

Such are the timelss times in which we live.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 25.04.20










2 comments:

  1. It is years since I saw guinea fowl -I love them but they do make a terrible noise which I think is why farms no longer have them.

    ReplyDelete