Wednesday 15 April 2020

Just Back in from a Spot of Bat Watching

We have a local pipistrelle living somewhere in the old building in which I have my flat, and I've just been outside trying to film this tiny batball, barely the size of a blue tit, in the deepening dusk.

I failed of course, although a tiny dot may be seen in the odd frame.

During the day, standard route for Boris Walk, with pretty much the same stuff on view, but I did get a first orange tip photo for you. Sadly, it was a female, and this had no orange tips. It was also too far away to get a good photo, but as many of you will know these buggers are very hard to get a photo of, they are restless little flutterers.

The skies have been so blue the last couple of days, it is unreal. I've been looking for an early swift, but no sign yet. Two weeks away I reckon. I've not seen any swallows or house martins yet.

The days pass, time has little meaning!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 15.04.20






5 comments:

  1. One Swallow and a Ladybird by the beach. Happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No swallows in this part of Yorkshire yet. But the right butterflies for this time of year. I had forgotten it is the time of lilac as well.

    ReplyDelete