Thursday 9 April 2020

Socially and Physically Distant

My body has decided that during this period of national stress, the best policy is to sleep a lot, and I don't think I am the only one.

Our world is so strange right now, nothing feels quite right. My brain is racing, my body is always tired and sometimes I physically don't want to do anything. I barely speak now, in my flat for more or less 23 hours a day alone.

This is why I do find it incredibly important to get out once a day on my Boris walk, and take in the sights while listening to the radio.

Today, I learned about working on the River Severn to make it easier for the twaite shad to spawn, while looking at the wildflowers, listening to the birdsong and watching the first orange tip butterflies of the year on the wing.

Oddly, I've only seen female ones so far, but I'm sure I'll come across the males this weekend with warm weather in the offing.

Now, I'm off to jump on my exercise bike.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 09.04.20











8 comments: