Sunday 5 April 2020

A Butterfly Run

Despite the threats of Matt Hancock, we are not totally locked up yet, and so I was indeed able to head out for another run round the cricket ground today.

I've had a terrible sense of anxiety all day today, which in turns makes me feel panicky and short of breath as it has done for many years. However, I'm still able to run; I wish I could get my fitness level back without pinging muscles all the time.

With it having been a bright morning - contrary to reports it wasn't THAT warm out there - I've had a lot of little insect visitors even to my paltry yard. There's been hoverflies, a huge droning buff tailed bumble queen, and most interestingly of all a red mason bee inspecting the holes in my old garden wall.

On my run, there were more spiralling small tortie butterflies, carder bees on the sun like flowering dandelion, and best of all, my first decent butterfly photo of the year.

Got you ya bugger!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 05.04.20






3 comments:

  1. More than a decent shot, Simon. That's a superb picture. Makes me feel that summer's here just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a superb image Si! Small Tortoiseshell have eluded me at present!

    ReplyDelete