Monday 20 April 2020

Cold Outside the Suntrap

On a day like this it gets very warm in my little suntrap yard outside my flat, which occasionally gives you a false idea of what the weather in the outside world is like.

I went for my run in just shorts and short sleeved shirt, and was immediately blasted by a freezing easterly wind. Brrrrr! It wasn't much of an incentive to have a long run, but I still got 7km in.

Being a slightly wild day, not much insect activity seen today. I am looking out for swifts but haven't seen any yet, I often see them arrive at the same time as the sand martins.

Tonight I am going to have a look at the 955pm Starlink satellite pass, which was a spectacular sight last night. I counted 31 satellites go by at about 20 second intervals.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 20.04.20






2 comments:

  1. Didnt know about the sattelites and now it is too late for tonight - will they be there again tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they will, meteors tonight as well

    ReplyDelete