Thursday 16 April 2020

A Hoverfly on the Run

After a few days off to rest a slightly sore thigh, I was back in running mode today on a spectacularly nice day, apart from the pandemic and everything.

I actually did 9.8km in the end, although most of that was shirtless around the cricket ground where I feel safe. The cricket ground itself is slowly repairing itself after the flood, thanks to more than a little help.

There was barely a wisp of cloud in the sky, but no buzzards over the ground today. Quad bikes thrashed by over a nearby field to disturb the calm; a white tailed bumble queen was investigating the ground ivy, my first of the year.

Brimstone and orange tip males on the wing today, which provided bright splashes of colour on the lanes.

One more day survived.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 16.04.20






2 comments:

  1. My walks are often taken around our local cricket ground. A good variety of birds seen at times!
    Brimstone I have yet to see in my garden!
    Keep on trucking and stay safe Si!

    ReplyDelete