Saturday 11 April 2020

Running in the Heat of Day

Mad fool that I am, and a bit keen on getting my BMI back below 25 in the light of recent corona revelations, I actually managed to have a 10.6km run this afternoon, at a very gentle pace, round and round the cricket ground after an initial foray down the river.

Saw my first male orange tip fluttering along the brambles.

The day itself was so beautiful that it seems crazy that there should be so much misery around at the moment. To distract myself I listened to the re-run on TMS of Ben Stokes hammering the Aussies last year, as I went round and round the cricket ground to rack up the kilometres.

Horrifyingly shirtless at one point as well. I was suffering from rubbing.

We have a big pair of buzzards living in the trees overlooking our new field, and I always seem to flush them whenever I'm running around there. The female is a huge specimen!

I hope everyone is keeping sane out there.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 11.04.20






2 comments: