Saturday 4 April 2020

And Now, a Hoverfly!

When I opened my door this morning, a bright sunny morning on this "STAY SODDING WELL HOME OR ELSE" weekend, I noticed I had a visitor soaking up a few rays on my garden furniture.

It was a little eristialis type hoverfly - as ever, I think! - waiting to get warm enough to get active.

Normally these little insects are very difficult to get near, but this one had a flat battery and was waiting for its solar panels to recharge, so I was able to get an ok photo.

Later on, when I was warm enough to get active, I went to our ravaged cricket ground to run a few laps - handily one complete lap of both fields is 1km. No danger of sharing the paths here - there aren't any and it is usually deserted. Just a little boring running round and round the same place, but it being turf makes it a little easier on the knees, if a little bit of a slog.

Ended up doing 7km, which seems to be about the standard running distance for me these days. Still making the most of it while I can.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 04.04.20







4 comments:

  1. I love them, I'm talking you crossing your legs, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might at least stop to record the number of laps completed on the scoreboard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw some small hoverflies today but they weren't willing to be photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, they are usually rather too quick!

    ReplyDelete