Monday 27 April 2020

Just Buzzing Around

Feeling in a slightly better mood today, ended up taking in a long walk around town once I had motivated myself to move. A much cooler and greyer day today, although I still bared my pale legs, and as a consequence didn't see butterflies like I did yesterday when orange tips patrolled everywhere.

No, today was a bee and hoverfly day, although not many of these either compared to recent days. Friary Gardens is full of cow parsley, which hoverflies like, while bees like the dandelions that haven't turned to clocks.

I'm still waiting to see my first swift. They are teasing Newark residents by being seen everywhere else but here at the moment!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 27.04.20













2 comments:

  1. lovely series of photos! I've noticed some bees almost bathing in the dandelions, amazing to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they love dandelions and end up getting covered in pollen

    ReplyDelete