Wednesday 22 April 2020

Flowers at Farndon Church

Didn't know whether to walk or run today, so actually ended up doing both as I went on a mission out to see the forget me nots at Farndon Church.

I'm actually rather proud to report that it ended up being mainly a gentle run of about 9km, although as ever I was rather edgy whenever I passed anyone, or anyone passed me. Appropriately enough, Radio 4 was broadcasting a programme about how Covid 19 has impacted upon folk with OCD, believe me that's something I'm pretty familiar with.

As ever at this time of year, the churchyard was full of colour, alas not many insects though despite it being a warmer day with a cooler wind. I did see plenty of butterflies on the move when I was running however, looks like most of the "white" species are now airborn.

I'm currently watching the live launch of the next Starlink Falcon 9 rocket. There's a lot of debate about whether this is a genuine improvement to the world in terms of internet links for folk in remote areas, or needless space junk getting in the way of astronomers.

Time will tell.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 22.04.20









5 comments:

  1. The church and its flowers look very fine indeed. Not many butterflies seemed to be about when I was outside yesterday and those that were were very restless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers - the churchyard looks so interesting and very good for wildlife :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images, the churchyard and flowers, love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wild flowers. Many people think that Starlink can be seen as vandalism in the sky - must say I am inclined to agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, I watched the latest Starlink launch last night

    ReplyDelete