Friday 29 December 2017

Rolling Around Town

Wet weather this morning, which was fine by me as I was rather dozy this morning and didn't feel like doing a lot.

When it did stop raining - by comparison there was a lot of heavy snow not too far away - I did get out, and just ambled around, eyes always open, always looking for something. 

The trees glittered in the sun; the frost had melted and left them decked in jewels. Sadly this just didn't show up in pictures which is a pity as they looked magical. The wind was zero, so the waters were as mirrors. Even the gulls were peaceful.

I've had a good Christmas on the present front. My hints about walking and hiking I've been taken, I've got a tent, lantern, stove, flasks and water bottle now. When I add to this a sleeping bag and mat, I'm ready to go. Excitement and adventure will hopefully follow. 

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 29.12.17










4 comments:

  1. So glad you've got your camping stuff sorted! It's an absolute blast, all I'd say is to add a pack of blister plasters and some emergency bog roll to your kit, and a map (never trust it all to your phone - if it dies, so do your maps) and please keep us informed of your adventures in the new year. Oh, after bite spray is good too, if you suffer from horseflies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it. It'll take you 4 or 5 days, but how about walking the Trent Valley Way? Smidge over 100 miles, obviously you could do it in sections rather than one big hit, but would make a lovely (and relatively flat!) intro to distance walking. Just whack your tent up wherever you end up that night. Anglers do it all the time, trust me, nobody will care! Just take pics and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally took up camping a couple of years ago - I'm 47. It's one of the best things we've ever done. There is nothing quite like waking up in the morning and seeing the sun rise or just being at one with nature. We're making plans for next year's trips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tips all! I'll show you the gear in another post, as ever, nice to see another new face here Sharon!

    ReplyDelete