Saturday 23 December 2017

And so the Cycle Repeats

It's December 23rd, and today I saw my first snowdrops.

I knew I would see them as well, just knew it. It's always this same clump in the cemetery that flowers first, seemingly before the new year in recent times, and I saw it on what I decided would be a long walk and combined Christmas shopping trip.

I had a click and collect order to pick up at the cupboard sized Tesco Express in Balderton, and I took the long way there. I was glad I did, because I came across a lovely bit of street art that appeared to be a drawing of a crested tit and a jay.

In the end I did 13km and got everything I needed.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 23.12.17








9 comments:

  1. American Blue Jays, noisy buggers and belligerent as heck yet one of the most gorgeously stunning 'backyard' birds to be found in the States, I reckon. Bit of an unexpected sighting for your part of the world, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a 10.5 km run, a quarter marathon distance. We have jays here. They are ornagey brown and blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time I saw a flock five angry blackbirds chasing one of the jays. Amazing sight.

      Delete
  3. I must toddle down to the River Mel and see if our early snowdrop clump is blooming yet. It's usually flowering a little before New Year. Have a good Christmas, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see a photo of the first snowdrops Simon. I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not seen any signs of Snowdrops here as yet.
    I would love someone to put some art work like that on the wall of my garage.

    Best Christmas wishes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely mural of the jays

    no snowdrops here yet,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your comments! Yes it does look like a blue jay, wondering why the hell one of those would be on a BAlderton garage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those snowdrops gladden the heart Simon.
    Street art is amazing.
    All the best for 2018.

    ReplyDelete