Sunday 10 December 2017

It's Winter Cliche Time!

So yes, when I awoke today I could look out the window and see the snow on the roof tops, see the small flakes like spindrift falling out of the sky. It wasn't a heavy fall with big fat flakes, but it had settled.

Good. It wasn't a work day, and it gave me a chance to try out my new Karrimors (weatherproof, supposedly) and take some nice winter shots, same as everyone else does. I was out for 3 hours in the end and enjoyed every second of it - apparently when some kids of a certain background came into Rumbles cafe and behaved like animals - and got some nice shots.

There were my first winter thrushes too - a few redwing berry hunting along the cycle path - as well as a happily chubby female bullfinch, drawing attention to herself with a burlesque flash of white rump. Mixed flocks of tits tweeped through the bare trees, and that pink footed goose was still by the blue lake. My Karrimor's behaved well, had been worried after a bit of pinching on the top of my foot, and they are certainly warm.

The snow kept pricking down, on the revellers at the Christmas Market being sold overpriced hog roast or wood fired pizza. I ate and slept all afternoon.

It was a nice day.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 10.12.17













6 comments:

  1. Footprints in the snow. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all, as ever, the loveliness lasts one day, then I hate it as I have to ride to work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bird footprints in the snow one si

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection of snow photos especially the one of bird footprints :)

    ReplyDelete