Sunday 22 April 2018

The Town Lock Gardens

Wanted to show you something new today, so on my morning walk I was trying hard to think of somewhere to photograph for you.

As I walked past the lock I noticed that the old sensory garden was open, and it's had some new additions put in. The old (not very) musical metal fence is there, but the fountain I used to enjoy cooling off in on hot runs is no longer in operation.

The whole thing feels a lot more cared for now, with nice flowers planted - alas not too pollinator friendly by the look of things - and various bird and insect boxes. Indeed a pair of great tits were flying about on some form of avian mission.

Lots of boats have been keeping the lock keeper busy during the hot weather.

I've been lucky enough to do some birdwatching out of my living room window - I had a chiff chaff in the sycamore yesterday, and today a blackcap. Both seemed to feeding off the leaf buds, or something that was  on the leaf buds.

It's all go here, but things will quieten down with the worse weather this week.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 22.04.18











3 comments:

  1. Pretty gardens and I love the bug hotel. People are always imaginative. I never see two the same.
    Our tulips are long gone, see you still have some around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our tulips seem to be at peak here. Now Spring is postponed again

    ReplyDelete