Saturday 21 April 2018

A Night and Day of Firsts

So, mooching along last night, one guess as to where I was going, I came across my first tiggywinkle of the year on South Parade gardens. Very happy to see it, looked a young sort of hedgehog to me, and although it was keeping very still, it didn't curl up into a ball.

If I were a hedgehog, and was looked at by someone twenty times my height, curling up into a ball would not be the only thing I'd be doing.

Today was another nice day, although it did cloud over and give a few splashes of rain for a short time, and during my mooches around I came across my first speckled wood on some wild garlic. As they say it was fresh out of the packet and in beautiful condition.

It looked quite a pale variation, almost thought it was a wall brown at first.

Lots of other pretties to see of course, and despite not having run anywhere I've walked around 10 miles today, which is pleasing.

Si

All text  and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 21.04.18











2 comments:

  1. Always good to see a hedgehog. In serious decline, it always gives one hope.

    I havn't seen a speckled wood so far this year. Fingers crossed not to long to wait.

    I love the forget me nots. Always remind me of my Father.

    ReplyDelete