Saturday 16 February 2019

Up Upon the Fort

Really  it's been a beautiful day and although I spent large chunks of it outside I felt I wasted it a little as rather than go on a bike ride I had my hair cut as it was really annoying me, and that required a long bath watching the incredible TV work of Charlie Brooker.

For the first time while having my hair cut, I was asked if I wanted my eyebrows neatening. This is revoloutionary.

In the morning I had enjoyed the lovely weather at the park, standing atop the Sconce Fort, inspecting the gorse flowers for bees - there weren't any - and then enjoying a distinctly non 17th century cup of tea in a disposable cup while listening to 6 Music.

Small things are enjoyable!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 16.02.19









6 comments:

  1. I love the Fort, or should be what has remained a fort. Great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard about that fort - is it in Newark?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourites are the pretty flowers. :)
    (We have about 60 cm of snow.)
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the Queens's Sconce in Newark, a Royalist fortification used as a defensive point against Roundhead positions about a half mile away on the other side of the Trent and Devon rivers

    ReplyDelete