Thursday 7 February 2019

More Howling Winds

Plans to visit the nearby alpaca farm, or Langford Lowfields, or indeed anywhere on my bicycle today were rather shattered when I awoke to my windowpanes being  blasted by rain and gale force winds.

It really wasn't at all pleasant out there this morning! So I just walked to the park, around the park, and through the park to the cafe where I was able to have a very large and  hot cup of tea which I didn't spill into my crotch like I did yesterday.

Then after lunch, a long read and a bit of a nap, I went out pottering again as the wind began to drop somewhat, just taking photographs with the light, seeing if dwarf irises were up in the library park, and just seeing what was about.

I note also that today was "Time to Talk" day encouraging people to talk about their mental health problems. If you are struggling, I advise you to do so, and I wish you well!

And to remember the benefits of the outdoors, as I do.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 07.02.19









4 comments:

  1. Always good to talk. Great photos. The forecast for tomorrow for us is wind and wet. Over trousers I think. Wind and waterproof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's twice in five days that I've cancelled my walk with friends! The wind woke me up with its singing early Thursday morning. Can't even try a litter pick in those conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice selection of photos there, howling winds here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it was an overtrousers day today!

    ReplyDelete