Saturday 18 November 2017

That 70s Show

Done my usual pootling around today without a whole lot to be found apart from a 70s exhibition in the local library.

"Do you recongnise any of this stuff?" asked the librarian and indeed I did, I had the very same "Lou Reed Greatest Hits" cassette and Scrabble with Turnbtable I could see prominently on display. I also loved Scalextric, but never actually owned one myself - I had a much smaller Matchbox system that sat in my bedroom, used properly for a while by 6 year old me, before inevitably becoming a series of attempts to make the cars jump over things.

I did have a train set, but only the basic track and engines, I didn't have anywhere to put it up properly.

Really, there should have been Warlord Annuals, Spangles, slimfones and spacehoppers present to make it the 70s I remember.

And Starsky and Hutch. Where the hell were they.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 18.11.17





4 comments:

  1. I predate you by about forty years Si - I was lucky if I got one small gift. How times have changed by today's standards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post and photos have brought back some memories Simon - I used to adore Lou Reed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a mini scalextric I've never opened!

    ReplyDelete