Wednesday 15 November 2017

Good Evening Mr Snail

I don't know about any of you my dear readers, but to me one of the saddest sounds I hear is when on a wet night, I walk up my dark driveway and feel the horrible crunch as I tread on an innocent snail.

Even if I am quick enough to take the pressure from my relatively titanic boots, the equivalent of us having a bus dropped on our heads while minding our own bloody business while walking along the street, it's almost certainly too late for the snail.

Even if it isn't dead, it's damaged shell will render it an easy target for the local thrush population.

So I was very glad to see this character hauling itself out of damp danger up my door frame. Well done, Mr Mollusc thing!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 15.11.17



4 comments:

  1. When treading on a snail I have been known to mutter "Sorry" - which is a classic case of too little, too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do as well John. Rather daftly!

    Thanks for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of Nature;s kind folk Si. Well done.

    ReplyDelete