Friday 17 November 2017

Stargazey Pie

So, we've had some clear skies recently, and so Mr Si has been out there with his 10x50 binoculars, taking in the sky.

In many ways, it is the best time of the year for it. The skies can be magnificently clear, unlike summer they are properly dark, and there are many interesting sights as the milky way crosses the constellations of Cassiopeia, Perseus, Auriga, Monoceros and Gemini.

Orion too has some stunning starfields, and of course the great nebula, you can sweep about and just love the stars there.

If I were to wait until dawn I'd see Venus and jJpiter blazing down. But I can't, as it is sooooooo coooold! Even a couple of rums wouldn't keep me out there for more than hour.

But I love doing it. It is silent, it is beautiful, it is contemplative.

And it is free.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 17.11.17



3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the tranquillity Si!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am relieved this post is not about real Stargazey Pie - it always sounds so revolting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I'd never eat a Stargazey pie, I don't like my food looking at me. I dislike eating whole fish for that reason too.

    ReplyDelete