Tuesday 14 May 2019

Bees at Work

Was interesting to look at a couple of the more common workplace wildflowers today, and the bees that like to feed off them.

In the semi-failed pictorial meadow there was birds foot trefoil, and that was being fed on by little red tailed bumblebee workers, while next to the path that leads along  past the car park, the first common carder bees of the year were feasting on vetch.

It's all down to the design of their tongues, I believe.

I can believe that, because my tongue is totally the wrong shape to go down most species of wildflower.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 14.05.19




3 comments:

  1. I dont think I had ever thought of putting my tongue down a wildflower. Quite like wild garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Jill you never know until you try

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the noise they make when inside honeywort blooms that makes me smile- if you've never heard it its worth growing the flower just to find out.

    ReplyDelete