Saturday 26 January 2019

Out on the Wildflower Walks

It's been a battleship grey afternoon again, the sort of one where I take myself out plantar fascitis or not. because I didn't get outside much last weekend with having the landlords visit and tomorrow will be RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch.

Hopefully it will be better than last year's where I barely even saw a sparrow.

There are more snowdrops on the ground in the cemetery, and a few crocuses have decided to sprout and open up for business too, although there's no buzzing customers yet and nor will there be for a month I reckon when the first brave honeybees make an appearance.

No goosander at the lake, but a little egret was in the usual spot where the lagoon is divided from the main Blue Lake.

I've doing a lot of research and treatment on my dodgy foot, without a massive amount of success so far. The key, I've learned, is that the problem lies elsewhere than the foot itself but in the calf and beyond. So as well as the old rolling a tennis ball over my sole trick, I've been standing on the stairs stretching my calves by dropping  my heels, and various other things.

I hope it works.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 26.01.19











4 comments:

  1. I hope you get your foot sorted. GBW weather was foul today. Tomorrows forecast is worse. I will give the bird count a go but it might be Monday before I manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the aconites :) I do hope you get your foot problem sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my big garden birdwatch today, freezing wind though!

    ReplyDelete