Monday 21 January 2019

Eclipse Fail

I did stay up for the total lunar eclipse last night, hoping that in the end the clouds would part an allow me a glimpse of the moon turning that potent crimson colour - everyone else says "blood red" and I  refuse to succumb to that cliche! - as it passes through the shadow of mother earth.

Of course the clouds never did part, so all I got for my troubles was very cold, very tired, and thus stressed for the visit of my landlord and a valuer to my flat. On a bright clear day good for photography, I  then had to stay home waiting for a plumber to show up to fix my kitchen tap.

The only wildlife I saw all day were these two.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 21.01.18



4 comments:

  1. I didn't stay up for the blood wolf moon but by chance I saw an orange moon next day. It looked like a low voltage sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the lunar eclipse this time, I'd have had to go out into the street to see it, as the moon was away from any of our windows. I've watched one in the past, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very cold, and it is only getting colder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to bed, and I woke about 4.30am, and you bet, nothing but clouds.

    ReplyDelete