Wednesday 1 July 2020

Treading New Ground

A run to Winthorpe today, a much closer and more stifling one than I had expected as I headed out along the river to the railway cottage at the edge of the village, before coming back through the houses.

As I reached Winthorpe Road estate, I found myself curious about the back streets there, streets I've never set foot on before. I ran past the modern rebuilt Bishops Alexander school, and behind that found that there was a sort of long narrow urban nature reserve along a path where the buddleia were growing wild.

Taking a break from running, I photographed the pollinators on the cloyingly sweet smelling flowers.

I then followed the path along the backs of the houses before emerging by the railway workers club.

It is always interesting for me to break new ground, to find a little bit of urban green space on an estate where a bit of nature can flourish.

Especially at a time like this.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 01.07.20











5 comments:

  1. How lovely you can find these places so near. Always somewhere else to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see the Buddleias doing their job attracting the butterflies. That's a nice-looking Victorian church; I'm always attracted to red-brick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful photos of the Buddleias and the happy pollinators. :)
    The church is very beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love exploring new places especially off the beaten track. Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, very pleased to hear your comments

    ReplyDelete