Sunday 17 September 2017

A Glorious Morning

Had a fantastic run this morning...well I say fantastic but not in the speed sense, my legs are still stiff and not working properly. It was the fact that we had some lovely weather for the first time of ages, and insects of all kinds hurtled onto any food plant in the vicinity to feed and give me a few photo opps for my new mobile.

The biggest surprise was coming across a flock of guinea fowl trundling along ina confused huddle along the side of the road near Hawton saddlery. Someone needs to fix their fences, I think.

After I'd done my 10km, ish, I was able to sit outside at Rumbles Cafe and take in the sun, it was really quite fierce if you could get out of the wind. Radio 4 was great, my photos looked good as I shared them around - what you folk think you get first dibs at them? - and the tea much needed after my run.

Had plans for walking or cycling in the afternoon, as soon as I'd eaten lunch a huge grey cloud arrived over town and spent the pm hours rumbling and dropping rain on the town. So that scuppered that.

Enjoy the photos though!

Si












8 comments:

  1. Lovely crisp photos. It was a beautiful afternoon weather-wise here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Clear fresh sunlit morn. Be dashing out soon as I've had my porridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see all the insects and guinea foul.

    I love the first image of the bee....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunshine is lovely isn't it - maybe because it is at a premium.
    Love the guinea fowl - haven't seen any for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful area to run in -love the bee and butterfly pics and the church looks interesting :) Great to see the guinea fowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea where those guinea fowl came from! Someone must be missing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete