Sunday 2 September 2018

Just a Cup of Tea in the Park

Yep it's a post cricket day and I'm utterly exhausted again. But I did manage to get a stroll in to the park, where the River Devon looked beautiful.

Common darters were engaged in mating and egg laying flights over the water, looking like  little red drones as they flew conjoined. Lots of migrant hawker on menacing patrol flights; these guys have incredible agility as they hunt.

I wasn't the only one on the hike in the park. There was an organised walk by the Motor Neurone Disease group, looking resplendent in their blue t-shirts and getting round the park from their little gazebo base by various means.

They enjoyed their post walk cups of tea, just as I did.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 02.09.18






3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy watching the antics of dragonflies. They are such powerful and agile fliers, even in gusty winds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Many years ago I hitch hiked to Newark. No idea why, but it was dark, so I never got to see it! Its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it's a town with problems but a fantastic history

    ReplyDelete