Friday 24 March 2017

A Daffodil by Night

I've not been doing much running lately, thinking it had given me a calf strain that was affecting my bowling.

I've learned this week that the actuality is the other way round. I've run 6km tonight with no pain. On Wednesday I bowled one ball before my calf went. I think the issue has been proved!

So, that's a rest from cricket for a couple of weeks before outdoor training starts in April. Meanwhile, I can do some more careful running, with some walking and cycling, and hopefully shift a little weight I've put on.

I've been busy trying to get my wildlife garden plans through at work, all seems good there but I've had to write to the local councils and highway agency about litter picking, and yes, for H and S reasons I've had to contact our insurers.

It's not all that bad, I thought we'd hit trouble over attracting bees in case anyone complained about allergic reaction risk. Not an issue at all!

Tonight's run took me along the edge of the cemetery, and even at night, the daffodils are looking bright and cheery.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 24.03.17



1 comment:

  1. Is it just me or do daffodils seem to have almost doubled in quantity this Spring? Maybe a mild winter helped them to flourish.

    A lovely 'night' image Si!

    ReplyDelete