Sunday 21 March 2021

Bees, Bugs and Flowers

 I hurt my leg running, and so the last two days have been really annoyingly low energy without me doing anything like proper long walks. I tried to have one this afternoon, but my leg was aching and my stomach was IBS-ing, so I turned round and went back home.

I feel very bloated. Where is my super thin body from the first lockdown!

Goings on in the park today, as a bunch of schoolkids did a balloon release in memory of a 6th former who died suddenly last week. At least it wasn't some idiotic anti lockdown protest, but I was still edgy about it happening. Also, we really need to steer folk away from doing balloon releases, it's a waste of helium and an environmental hazard.

I know, all judgemental. 

Not cold today, but not very bright. Still, I saw my first 7 spot ladybird, and the blossom is smelling wonderful, it's really at its peak now. Few bumbles around, no honeybees and we need a much brighter and warmer day to see any brimstone butterflies. 

I hope I feel in better shape when it comes.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 21.03.21












4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Apart from blackthorn, our more showy blossoms aren't out yet!

    Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some grand photos there. I went out this morning in warm Spring sunshine and returned an hour or two later in a biting wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you on balloon releases. Silly fashion. There are genuinely better ways to celebrate a life and honour their memory.

    ReplyDelete