Tuesday 24 March 2020

Mr Heron is Enjoying the Lockdown

Well, I was able to get out today on my state approved solo exercise today, on a day so warm I was forced into wandering about in a T-Shirt.

The restrictions were being well observed down by the river and in the park, and I had plenty of space to cross the street to avoid other people. Although on the odd occasion when I had to walk by someone a little too close, I employed my (daft) "Hold Breath for 20 second technique."

I bet I'm not the only one either.

Taking advantage of the peace and quiet, a heron was perched in a prime fishing spot on the windowsill of the now quiet Navigation pub, undisturbed by anyone having a lunchtime pint today.

He saw me though, on the opposite bank of the river - hence the poor quality photo - and turned his predator's head to give me a long stare. He didn't fly off though, they normally do when they know they are being observed.

Lots more small tortoiseshells in the air today, including 5 spiralling around each other, and also two copper bottomed signs of Spring - the first brimstone butterfly, and the first singing chiff chaff!

Regards

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 23.03.20






5 comments:

  1. Que o florido nos ilumine.
    Um abraço de oração.
    Megy Maia 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to see the heron and lots of butterflies. We saw a comma yesterday on our government approved household daily walk.

    ReplyDelete