Tuesday 3 September 2019

There's Still Life on the Verbena

The wild garden verbena patch at work is still surprisingly well in bloom, with only a few flowerheads not gone to seed.

Today, painted ladies and small toirtoiseshell butterflies were feeding, tricky to photograph as the flowers swayed in a strongish breeze. I've moved buildings, so now have a rubbish view of a car park, without the green field beyond it where hirundids are often feeding at the moment, and the rabbits feed, or silflay as Watership Down would put it.

I hate not having a view.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 03.09.19






3 comments:

  1. I too hate not having a view. But I do have a view. Sadly not as well populated with Flutterbys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know what you mean about the view Si - but it doesn't stop you putting on good photographs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I do try. Too windy for anything today.

    ReplyDelete