Tuesday 17 September 2019

A Circumzenithal Arc

Had a chance encounter with a meteorological phenomenon tonight as I was riding home - well I suppose all manifestations of this kind are - in the form of a nice circumzenithal arc where the sun's light was scattered by icy high altitude clouds to form a sort of tiny rainbow.

It seems to be the season for them, East Midlands weather had a nice photo of one the other day; perhaps a low sun makes for optimal conditions for these arcs.

I've been running again, a 5km in an unspectacular but decent 31.50. I've got the puff, but my legs feel very heavy and my feel and knee is a little sore, so as I have said before I'm not sure serious distances would be wise. I tend to forget my age when it comes to sport!

It does feel good, mentally to get back out on the road, but I will have to be careful.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 17.09.19







6 comments:

  1. Interesting phenomenon Si and, as usual, spectacular photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunspots, and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming to you thru Weaver (Pat)... I have heard that phenomenon called a 'SunDog'... have you? They are very pretty and what a wonderful photos.. I don't see them very often so to me they are special.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah so that's what that phenomenon is called, is it the same as a sundog or slightly different?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone I'm Olivia Hannah and am here to share the wonderful work Dr Raypower did for me. After 5 years in marriage with my husband with 2 kids, my husband started acting weird and going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called Dr. Raypower who help people with relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a love spell and within 48hours my husband came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with other ladies and his with me for good and for real. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: Urgentspellcast@gmail.com or Urgentspellcast@yahoo.com or Call or WhatsApp: +14243308109. 

    Read more about him on his website: http://urgentspellcast.website2.me/.

    ReplyDelete