Saturday 14 September 2019

Getting into Running Again

Now that the cricket season has finished for me, I'm going to be at a lot of loose ends on Saturdays and Sundays, which means I have to find ways of constructively filling the time that don't involve watching endless prog rock videos on youtube or lying on the sofa watching the likes of "Six Headed Killer Shark" on the horror channel.

Actually, today it took a long time for me to do anything, I was absolutely exhausted again and couldn't move until 1pm, at which point I wandered to the park for tea, just taking in the sights.

6pm, after another nap, I put on my too tight running shorts, and headed out towards Farndon for the longest run I've managed in a while, a very long while. This is how I intend to fill the empty days, as long as my body will stand up to it.

I need to regain that fitness and lose a little weight.

I didn't go right to the end of the village, but instead went past the old windmill and back along some unevent lanes and through fields. I even found Cottage Lane nature reserve, which I'd never visited before; even now I still find places I've never been to in my home town.

It was a beautiful sunset evening, and although my pace was very slow, I felt glad to be out there. Hopefully I can manage a bit more decent running in the autumn, before frosts make it a bit miserable.

Might even go back to Parkrun.

Si

All text and  images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 14.09.19













3 comments:

  1. Still took some ace photos. Any exercise is good for the brain as well as the body. I keep saying that to myself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nature, the insects, flowers and small boat, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jill and Bob, boats of a very different kind today

    ReplyDelete