Wednesday 5 June 2019

Around the Uncut Verge and the Mini Meadows

So, yesterday I played 30 Days Wild and looked around the work campus for bee orchids, and didn't find a thing.

Today was different; I found a single bloom in one of the usual places, and was much pleased to see it; I was beginning to think they weren't going to appear, I'm sure they were earlier last year.

All in all, lots of life around the conservation areas I introduced. Bees are feeding off these long whippy yellow wildflowers in the verge, and lots of bees are feeding off knapweed now in the meadows, as well as the slightly past their best trefoil flowers.

Another first today was a meadow brown butterfly, being very skittish but I just got near enough to get an acceptable  photograph.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 05.06.19













6 comments:

  1. Great photos and fantastic rewilding you have done there. Farmers around here aware very aware of wildlife. Including vegetation and nesting areas and for insects. All good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw my first Bee Orchid of the year yesterday; I thought it was early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful clear photos you have, lovely to see the insects, and you reminded me of the name trefoil, I saw it the other day and could not name it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! Fabulous photography of fabulous creatures ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still waiting to find my first Bee Orchid, lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! Been a trying couple of days

    ReplyDelete