Thursday 7 March 2019

Wretched Day

At work, we've been hosting a Doctor Bike who we have been getting to fix any minor problems with our colleagues' bicycles. It's been a successful event, despite involving a lot of standing around in the cold and wet, and we've provided free lights to riders who didn't have any too.

Anyone with a puncture, got that fixed up as well.

The last of these sessions was yesterday.

This morning, as I arrived at work, I got a puncture. A puncture I had to sort out myself with only a couple of tools and a quick release wheel that was anything but. In the rain. With dyspraxic hands and general clumsy cretin realness.

I was almost crying and screaming, but I got it done.

Then, as I went to go home, the fitting on my front light snapped. My fitting of the new inner was off as well. I felt like riding  off a bridge

I've been having to fix the bloody thing when I got home.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 07.03.19



5 comments:

  1. The Dr Bike sessions are a great idea

    Sorry you had so many problems with your own bike

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bicycle as a species is much given to breaking down at inopportune moments, is it not? Once I get into a bad mood I rarely succeed in mending the puncture; it seems to require a level of calmness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bike doctor sessions are great- but how frustrating to have those issues with your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of the Dr Bike sessions before, but what a great idea. I hope you've got your own bike sorted now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it was ok today, I hope it stays that way

    ReplyDelete