Sunday 10 March 2019

Caught by Hailstorms

Well, it has been a savage sort of day today, with  high winds, driving rain, and occasional bright sun, on the menu for the outdoors person today. I've been out walking today, and I don't mind a splash of rain here and there if there is a cup of tea at the end of it.

Unfortunately, there was quite a stinging hailstorm when I was walking back, but at least it was blowing into my back rather than my face. That came later.

So I rode off to cricket practice later on, where I went into the first team net with the big power hitters, and had my toe smashed and my head nearly taken off when I was bowling. Maybe I'll pass on that next time and stick with the lower team players, for the sake of my survival.

As I came out of the sports hall into the dusk, I could see thick black clouds weighed down with precipitation ready to drop on me as I rode home, and so it proved, oh lo is proved, as a second hailstorm was unleashed straight into my face as I rode along with a heavy cricket bag on my bike.

I was blinded basically, couldn't see a thing, face stung to bits and feeling like a very slow old tortoise being pelted with gravel.

Reckon I earned my bath again.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 10.03.19








2 comments:

  1. Canna believe all your blossom! Glad you survived and deserved your bath. We had one hail storm yesterday, fortunately I was in my studio. And it didnt last long so I could get home.

    ReplyDelete