Friday 8 June 2018

Pub Mothing

As you know, I'm never not looking for stuff to photograph; no that's not strictly true. But I always have my eyes open for anything I can photograph for you.

In summer months, I like to keep the aforementioned optic organs ready to spot moths. You can see some beauties on lit windows, walls, flitting through the air by streetlights - I see a lot of swallow tailed moths this way - and of course, in or on my local pub.

I had a lovely bee moth there a few weeks ago, but last night there was something far more stunning sat atop the gazebo that is going to host a pop up gin bar. A fresh and vividly yellow brimstone moth, quietly having a rest on a quiet night before the mayhem of the weekend.

I've only ever seen these stunning moths in passing, so to come across this one in a rather unexpected place was a pleasant little surprise.

Oh, the sunset was stunning as well.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 08.06.18








5 comments: