Monday 4 June 2018

My Proto Garden

So, in addition to my grass areas which I am going at with the garden shears, trying to leave the areas where I've got buttercups and herb robert uncut, I've been gifted a few pot plants which I've set  up around my front door.

It's just the start.

My folks got me these for the bees, although I think only the lavender will really attract those - to be fair they wanted to get me lobelia to hang up, but there wasn't any.

No worries, I can add further plants myself, this is just my little start.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 04.06.18







8 comments:

  1. Nice selection of plants. Keep a close eye on the buttercups and herb robert if you don't want them to take over the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lavender should attract bees, and things like cranesbill, perennial geranium and a plant with yellow flowers - possibly St John's wort are good too. A good excuse for allowing a bit of untidiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your advice, hopefully we will see some visitors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful flowers!
    Lovely colours that all go very well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks lovely Simon - bees will love the lavender :)

    ReplyDelete