Saturday 21 April 2012

All Hail Hail

As you can see from the picture, we've had some interesting weather the last few days. I think we've had 15 or 16 days on the bounce with rain at some point. Or so it feels anyway.

The weather gods the last two days have upped their game however, and sent down heavy rain, thunder, chunky hailstones and bright sun, often within the space of twenty minutes.

Needless to say, whenever I've chosen to run, I've been pelted. And nature has kept a low profile, apart from the cormorant who is always sat atop the posts at the Aldi bridge, or the heron that sits on a tall hedge near me, emptying the pond below of goldfish as the water brings them closer!

First ducklings of the year have been seen - a mummy duck on Balderton Lake had 5 little ones in tow, not long out of the egg by the look of them. But sadly today, I saw two ducklings being swept down a strong running Newark dyke by the Aldi bridge, mum nowhere in sight.

Cruel nature eh?

There's more Greenfinches about this year, I'm seeing them in my garden area for the first time in a couple of years! Plenty of Goldfinch too these days, saw a lovely little flock of them in a hedgerow on the lane where British Gypsum is.

But most importantly, I'm in the open air!

No comments:

Post a Comment