Saturday 10 September 2022

At Last, a Long Walk

 I've been so tired lately with having spent a long time organising a huge work event over the last couple of months that I've barely been out of the house in my spare time.

That being said, the event is now in my slipstream and after a week of recovery, I was able to take to the byways today to have a walk around Farndon and see how my camera does in the wilds.

The verdict is, pretty darn well. I walked around Farndon Ponds and Cottage Lane nature reserve and was able to do something I was never able to do with my old phone - get an in focus photo of a resting damselfly, a female banded demoiselle.

It just felt so good to be mobile and moving again, it was a pleasant afternoon, mild and dry, and I was back listening to the radio, the thing I loved to do while walking. 

It wasn't the most spectacular walk, there wasn't a huge amount to see, but it was good to be out in nature again. My mind needed it.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCRackeredNature 10.09.22












3 comments: