Tuesday 31 May 2011

Televisions are better than binoculars...

...but not as much fun.

Seriously when it comes to birdspotting on the TV, I'm an ace. I'm the red baron, I'm superfly TNT, I'm the Guns of the Navarone. Tony Soper would wilt at my lightnig fast ability to recognise Redstarts, Redshanks, Greenshanks and...um...Longshanks before reminding me that I used to think he looked like Imran Khan and is thus miles better looking than I am.

Like my ability at Only Connect on BBC4, this is about as much use as a plutonium birdbox. In reality, in the harsh grey wilds I am a complete faecal sac at birdspotting. But I aim to get better. Surely I will get to Langford Lowfields this week and not confuse a white plastic sack with an egret or a magpie with an avocet. And surely there won't be a headwind so it takes me less than three years to get back.

More proper reports soon. And photos, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment