Saturday 1 April 2023

The Treecreeper

 I've been housebound by a combination of both terrible weather and a terrible back spasm. Really not happy about my exercise level lately and diet too; feel rather chubby with my trip to Berlin upcoming. 

On a day when I was able to get out I was however fortunate enough to have a rare good view of a treecreeper in the Old Oak Wood by the River Devon. They are incredibly hard birds to see against a tree trunk, only the flash of white belly giving the bird's appearance away usually.

As ever, it was spiralling up the tree trunk with it's almost claw like tail acting as a third leg. 

Not rare birds, but a rare sighting!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 01.04.23






3 comments:

  1. It's not been the weather to tempt anyone out for regular exercise lately, has it? My eyes aren't as good as they once were and I rarely spot Treecreepers nowadays, so many thanks for showing them to me - I can see them in photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to get a photo - well done. I've only spotted one once for less than a minute and no wonder really when they are so well camouflaged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, photos are not the best - consider them "record shots"

    ReplyDelete