Thursday 12 August 2021

New Spots for the Year

 Up on the Sconce Fort, it seems to be small copper season, flittering around amongst the harebells that are up there. They seem to like drier, sandier soil areas, and are surprisingly numerous up there where in 1646 Royalist soldiers defended the town from General Poyntz and his Scottish allies. 

My stepfather's garden is not a Royalist stronghold, but I did manage to find a holly blue skulking around when I went around for a cup of tea. 

Maybe holly blues are Roundheads?

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 12.08.21







3 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to sign up for an online butterfly course with Sussex Wildlife Trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tire of seeing harebells Si - they are so beautiful and so fragile looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you Tigger. I'm not very good at it though!

    ReplyDelete