Monday 29 October 2018

Up to the Nature Reserve

My heel has gotten a bit sore after I did that 11.5km run - grrrr - and was particularly bothering me after the 6km yesterday.

So today, I put on my big walking boots, and my new Aldi hooded training top -  as ever  you to go to Aldi to buy a bottle of coke and end up digging through the specials and take home some bit of sports kit or other - and walked up to Beacon Hill nature reserve through Clay Lane park.

I was hoping to find a) winter thrushes in the hedgerows or fields and b) interesting fungi in the woodland in the reserve.

In the end I found neither. But I did have a highly pleasant walk on a very bright day, happily listening to Stuart Maconie, a brilliant writer as well as brilliant DJ, and using the sun for photographic purposes.

So, I've had an okay weekend in the end, after the rank, miserable Saturday where I did nothing.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 29.10.18










4 comments:

  1. Waxwings at our local hospital has excited many twitchers. Fraserburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very envious of the blogger above.... Waxwings! Never seen one in the wild.

    Beautiful place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waxwings are my favourite, funny and cuddlesome. By the way, I love your journey natures.

    ReplyDelete