Friday 14 October 2016

Another Hedgehog Friend

Found on the same little park I'd seen those hoglets on a few weeks ago. I don't know how territorial hedgehogs are so I've no idea if this is one of those hoglets.

I hope that it is.

I also had an interesting encounter while out running the other night. A bat, larger than a pipistrelle, and with a very different, slower flight was circling around a flower planter by a pub in town, much more visible than bats normally are.

I imagine it was taking the insects attracted to the flowers, taking advantage of any chance it had to get food before winter, as are the blackbirds squabbling on my driveway in the dawn...


3 comments:

  1. Hedgehogs are fascinating... and so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo of that hoglet - young hedgejpgs really need to pile on the weight before they hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I hope this character makes it through the cold months

    ReplyDelete