Thursday 22 October 2015

Falling Over and Making Friends

Had a very steady run today, practising running nice and slowly - too slowly even - to try and find a pace I can run 42km at.

This is rather pointless because no matter what pace I try and run at, at the end of the marathon I will be utterly on my knees like a man lost in the desert. But, we'll give it a go.

Anyway, after making friends with a tabby cat at the town farm, I managed to get myself in a right old state on Clay Lane. Keeping my feet low in the name of running economically - ha! - I tripped over a tree stump, and fell.

I didn't fall at once of course. I did about 10 yards in a desperate forward lunge, trying to regain my balance, trying to regain my feet. I failed. I went full length down on the muddy track, in full view of a dog walker who was extremely good at suppressing her laughter as I ran past her pretending nothing had happened shortly afterwards.

Still it was a nice afternoon, and there were some lovely skies to take in. The bath I had when I got in was extremely hot and luxurious, and the water didn't get too dirty.

Si

All text and images Copyright CreamCrackeredNature 22.10.15


Quicker than a ray of light...

Here kitty!

Ear stroking

Camera investigated

Um yeah, I fell

Beacon Hill Park

Dazzling Trent

Baby barge

The castle bandstand

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear. All part of it I suppose. When is the marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 28th November, and I was very lazy and didn't train today, went off taking photographs instead! Grrrr bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good luck mate! Off road or on?

      Delete
    2. both! going to bet a bit muddy in places!

      Delete
  3. I have never really understood the fascination people have with running marathons - exhaustion, I suppose that is it basically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To say I've done it. I like doing things that take a long time, gives me a good chance to listen to radio 4 as well!

      Delete
  4. Hope you have no bruises after you fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fine! Touch of sciatica today but unrelated, I'd say.

      Delete