Tuesday 3 May 2022

Moths and Baby Bunnies

 Yesterday, I went out into the garden and was curious to see a brown shape sat suspiciously on the red alien looking plant that lurks at the back of my garden and I can never remember the name of.

Closer inspection revealed it to be an angle shades moth having a cunning nap in my yard. It obviously liked the spot, as it stayed there all day, oblivious to me noisily try to empty a sack of compost into planters without pulling every muscle in my back.

Sunflowers and poppies, in case you were wondering. 

Today I'm back at work, and noticed on my break-time walk that we have become over-run with young rabbits. No doubt some of these will end up in the talons of the buzzards, one way or another.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 03.05.22






4 comments:

  1. Moths are all too often overlooked. I'm seeing young rabbits everywhere at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty moth! And the bunnies are adorable, but yes, very likely to end up feeding the local buzzards or foxes or stoats or...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judging by the dead bunnies I'm seeing, that's already happening

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Angle Shades ... and I love the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete